Sunday, December 31, 2006

Blue Christmas by Mary Kay Andrews

I just finished this book, then I emailed the author and then wrote my review. So here it is!

Weezie Foley is doing her best to celebrate the holidays but her boyfriend Daniel is quite the grumpy Gus about the whole thing. Weezie hopes this is the year he pops the question but nothing seems to be happening since Daniel is so busy with his restaurant. Bebe to the rescue! Weezie’s best friend Bebe helps her out with decorating for the annual Christmas contest between the stores. Weezie’s original design flops and then she is inspired but is it enough to get her the winning ribbon? And will her family behave around the surprise that she has for Daniel? Or is it all going to come crashing around her feet?

I felt like I was coming home with these characters since this is the third book in the series but well worth it. I had planned to finish it in one day but decided to space things out a bit. It wasn’t easy either because I completely fell in love with the book. But you must read Savannah Blues then Savannah Breeze then this one; it won’t make any sense any other way. The writing is fabulous and I would love to go to Antique Sales like Weezie does but for now I’ll stick to the stores. This story will have you laughing and crying. It is a wonderful story.

Of course I loved all the main characters like Weezie, Bebe, Harry and Daniel, but I loved the new additions of Mickey and Cookie. They are Weezie’s gay neighbors and they cracked me up constantly. The other part that cracked me up was the family dinner that Weezie held. Poor dear didn’t know if she was coming or going. I think all things considered that Weezie handled everything well with all the surprises that came along her way.

This was a delightful Christmas story but I have one more to go. I really enjoyed Mary Kay Andrews writing and bringing back my favorite characters. I hope to read the other books that she has written in the New Year. I recommend this book and the entire series because they are good light hearted books that will leave you with a smile on your face. I give this particular book a 5/5 cause I enjoyed being back in Savannah with all the antics of the characters. It was truly a wonderful book!

Now onto my last Christmas book Slay Ride by Chris Grabenstein. :)

No comments: