Thursday, January 18, 2007

Murder and Salutations by Elizabeth Bright

I finished this book up yesterday but wasn't feeling too good so I finally finished up my review today. Here it is:

Jennifer Shane is enjoying the banquet for the Chamber of Commerce of Rebel Forge, Virginia. She is expecting her sister Sara Lynn to be presented with Businessperson of the year, but is shocked when her name is called. To make the evening more complicated, some one has killed Eliza Glade the Chamber president. People are pointing fingers at Sara Lynn and Jennifer is determined to clear her name. Will the person be found out before anything else happens?


This is the third book in the series but by far my favorite. I loved the storyline and how all three siblings Bradford, Jennifer, and Sara Lynn really got along. They really looked out for each other. Elizabeth Bright is an amazing writer and everything written is believable. The story progresses at good pace and I looked forward to all of the card making tips. Though I am not sure who the author really is since they use a non de plume, that person does a really great job of putting feelings on paper as well as get you really involved wanting to find out what will happen next.

My favorite character was Jennifer. She was a stubborn woman but she knew when to stop. Now that wasn’t always easy for her to admit but she did see the way. Her family generally cared about her and she did her best to support them back. Lillian was a hoot as usual and she was able to find out some really good information thanks to being in a small town. I never saw so much jealousy in a small town but boy did it really affect Jennifer’s investigation. I could really relate to Jennifer not only with her love of making cards but I love a good mystery. Though I normally don’t figure things out quite so quickly and I wouldn’t put my life in danger. I am a pretty cautious person. But all in all, I loved watching the case unfold and was happy when the murderer was finally caught.

I would recommend this book to anyone who loves a good mystery. It has twists and turns that will keep you guessing. Plus Jennifer and her family had me laughing through most of the book. I am a stickler for reading books in order so you would want to start with An Invitation to Murder. I hope people enjoy this book as much as I have. I give it a 4/5 because I enjoyed it that much but the motive behind the murder was very believable.

Now onto Sleeping with the Fishs by Mary Janice Davidson. It will be a cozy possibly mystery type book. I love these types of books. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have the first in the series in my tbr pile - I'll have to read it really soon - sounds like a great series.