Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Peppermint Twisted by Sammi Carter

Abby Shaw is back again. This time she seems to be taking on more than she can handle. Abby is asked to step in and confront Felicity Asbury after she is named head of the committee for the arts festival. Problems only continue when Felicity is found dead in Divinity’s parking lot. Abby is looked at as the main suspect. She is not going to be duped when she knows she did not do it. So she must solve the case yet do it secretly. In this small town that is a huge task not to mention trying to keep herself safe. Can she figure out who is so twisted to do it or be in great danger?

Sammi Carter is a fabulous writer! It seemed to take forever to get this novel out but it was definitely worth the wait! She writes real characters that you feel for. I loved being around the small town of Paradise, Colorado. The characters also have their quirks. That what makes each one so unique.

I loved being back with Abby to see not only what obstacles that she was up against but how she would handle them. That girl has more guts than I ever could. Her family is still completely against her owning Divinity and willing to see her fail. I also liked seeing Pine Jawarski again. He is such a sweetie. I just wish he would get things figured out. Maybe in the next one?

Okay so I do not know if there is another book coming but I hope so. This author has captured my attention and I enjoy every book. All three are great but definitely read in order so if you have not read this series please start with Candy Apple Dead. I will be waiting for the next installment with bated breath.
Sammi Carter/Cozy Mystery/Candy/244 pages/4 out of 5

Next up is a review book called The Accidental Mother by Rowan Coleman.

2 comments:

roseygirl said...

I am reading Chocolate Dipped Death By Sammi Carter, and I love it, I have .."Peppermint Twisted "... to read next :)

Lover of Books said...

They just keep getting better. :)