Friday, January 11, 2008

Play Dirty by Sandra Brown

Griff Burkett was finally a free man. Cheating during a game while playing for the Cowboys sent his to jail, now he is trying to rebuild his life. Foster Speakman has a plan in mind and needs Griff’s help. He and his wife are the perfect couple except they have no children. That is where Griff comes in. But can he agree to the terms presented to him? Or will everything fall apart around them? Yet things must be settled and Grif is not sure what to do about that and the situation presented to him by the Speakman’s.

Sandra Brown is a fantastic write who weaves the plot that leaves you spell bound. Her characters are full of complexities that make the plot well rounded. I could not get enough and the twists and the turns left me on the edge of my seat.

I really felt for Laura Speakman. She was willing to do anything for her hubby even though she didn’t agree with it. It took a lot of guts for her to agree to Foster’s terms. But she made sure that she had her say as well. She was not going to agree till she had not only talked to Griff but also made sure he knew what was expected of him. Griff was in a tough spot.

I really liked this book and cannot wait for the next Sandra Brown book. I have quite a few that I have not read yet so I hope to read another one soon! She is a good writer that never ceases to amaze me!
Sandra Brown/Adult Fiction/ 404 pages/ 5 out of 5

Now I am working on Maisie Dobbs by Jacqueline Winspear. I hope it's a good book. Will let you know. :)

No comments: