Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Indemnity Only by Sara Paretsky

Indemnity Only by Sara Paretsky

Victoria, Vic to her friends, Warshawski is a Private Investigator who doesn't always get so far. Her father was a cop but she never saw herself doing that. Now she is asked to help on a case and comes face to face with a dead body. Then she is beat up on, this woman's job isn't going to be easy. But can she figure out how a bank, a mob, and a union are all linked?


Ms. Paretskey definitely writes a character that you root for. I loved Vic. She was tough as nails. This book is a little out of date but I still really enjoyed it. The characters and the action kept me turning pages. This is definitely a series with a lot of potential.

Victoria wasn't all stuff and nonsense. She had a heart too. Certainly not the type to keep a person hanging but her job came first especially if she was paid no matter the amount. I loved Lotty, her best friend and doctor extraordinaire. She was a hoot and kept keeping on Vic's case if it was needed. Definitely a good mother figure to have around.

All in all, I am glad I have the next one but might wait till January. I have some other books calling my name. But this is an author that won't soon disappoint you.

Sara Paretsky/ New Author/ 162 pages/ Mystery/ Chicago/ Thugs/ 3 out of 5

Off to start another Christmas story!!

No comments: