Thursday, December 07, 2006

A Heart Warming Read

I never thought I would finish a second book today. lol But it happened, this was a short book but it was wonderful. It is a perfect Christmas book and non-fiction too. :)

This was the perfect book to start out the Christmas season. It is a beautiful non-fiction story about a family who goes to New York to sell Christmas Trees every year. One year in particular, the oldest daughter Ellie wants to go see The Nutcracker Ballet at the Lincoln Center. Billy, the father, sees this as an extravagance and almost loses sight of what Christmas really means to him and his family.

I enjoyed the entire family. Ellie was 10 and was starting to grow up. Patti, is the mom, has a strong head on her shoulders. The middle boy Harry was trying to be like his big sister. And the youngest one boy is only 2 but he is sure a cutie pie. I loved seeing how they work together as a family.

Billy Romp has only written this book and the co-author Wanda Urbanska has written a couple of other non-fictions with her husband. I enjoyed the writing style and it was like I was there living it with the family. I would highly recommend it to anyone who needs a good warm comfort hug and to remember that life is something to cherish! A book to definitely read during the holidays!


Well I just started The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield. But my little boy wants my attention. :)

No comments: