Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Bridget Jones' Diary the movie!





This movie was fantastic. They got a the characters spot on from the book. I was impressed. I loved some of the scenes and could see how they were taken directly from the book. Obviously due to time constraints some of the bigger stuff was left out. I was bummed but I enjoyed the chick lit movie all in all.

I loved the Darcy reference and I could see in the beginning how Bridget was a bit like Elizabeth. I found it interesting that Colin Firth played another Darcy in this movie. Since he did play Mr. Darcy in the movie of Pride and Prejudice.

I couldn't get enough of the movie and was sad to see it end. I am curious to see what happens next so I will most likely get to the second book and the second movie. Renee Zellweger blew me away in this movie. Once again, great acting, great casting and a well enjoyable movie all in all!

This was part of the Everything Austen II Challenge. Up next is Rude Awakenings of A Jane Austen Addict by Laurie Viera Rigler.

No comments: