Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Gathering of Memories by Lori Wick

In this last installment, Ross Beckett has his hands full. Spending time with the Cameron family has got him desiring his own family. He has decided to leave his own town and set up in Baxter as a lawyer. He has fallen for the lovely Mandy. But he knows that what she is going on through that he needs to take it slowly. Mandy knows she has feelings for him. Will they both accept God’s will for their lives no matter what it is?

Ms. Wick has always amazed me with her writing. As sad as I was to see this series end, I was pleased with how well things were wrapped up. The characters once again do not disappoint. There are times where they show that they are not perfect. But they always admit it that they have made a mistake.

Ross was such a sweetie. But even he did not see how much his feelings for Mandy showed on his face. Mandy wanted to be around her siblings at all times. They needed to be close at this time that they were going through. I loved seeing the reappearance of all the Cameron family. It was a joy to see them all growing and having families. They are central to this story even though they are not the main features. It lightened the blow a little since I was not sure who would feature and did not recognize the name at first when I peeked at the blurb for this book.

I LOVED this book! It brought a lot of answers for me. The epilogue helped the most in this one because it was fun to see how the family changed. I was so pleased. Ms. Wick is a fantastic Christian romance author no matter what period she writes in. Definitely recommend this series but do please start with A Place Called Home. It will make more sense then.

Lori Wick/ Christian Historical Romance/ 250 pages/ Series/ Family/ 5 out of 5

I finished this one Sunday night after we got home. :) I have one more book review to post tonight and then it should be awhile again. :)

No comments: