Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Long Road Home by Lori Wick

Abigail Finalyson is bereft from losing her husband and his family wants nothing to do with her. She goes to see her Aunt Maggie in Baxter. Meeting the Cameron family blesses her life. One of the Cameron men is hurting and they want her to nurse him back to health. They’re afraid he won’t receive them. So she goes not knowing how much he is hurting as well.

Ms. Wick keeps the saga going and truly impresses me with each story. She creates a story line that I cannot get enough of. The Cameron family is fantastic. They are wonderful. I am almost sad that there is only one book left.

Paul, the youngest Cameron, has deal with a lot especially when it came to losing his wife. He became so bitter that he had to leave. Having an accident set him straight. Amy was the balm he needed but could he accept it? Abby never let go of God. She struggled but kept seeking God’s face.

I love this series. Being such a fan of all types of literature, Lori Wick has been my favorite since I was a teenager. I am finally glad to read the rest of the series since I only had the one book for the longest time. I am sad to see it end but since there is one more book, I get to enjoy the Cameron family one more time.

Lori Wick/Christian Historical Romance/ 190 pages/ 4 out of 5/ Family

I read this one on the way home from Iowa on Sunday.

No comments: